Rules & regulations:
The Participants desirous of participating in the HBFF must abide by the following Rules & Regulations:
- The Participant submitting their film must ensure they have the necessary copyright ownership over the film. The film which in any way infringes upon any third-party copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, etc. are liable to be rejected.
- The film should not be available for public viewership through user content generated (UGC) websites, e.g. YouTube, Vimeo etc. In case of such availability, the participant shall be solely liable to remove/take-down the same, failing which, such film will automatically become ineligible for HBFF.
- The film should not be available on any web-based or mobile- based application or any other form of interactive media, in which audio-visual content is made available by any medium of distribution including any ‘over-the-top’ distribution method using the internet including but not limited to Netflix, Amazon, Hotstar, Balaji Alt etc. In case of such availability, the participant shall be solely liable to remove/take-down the same, failing which, such film will automatically become ineligible for HBFF..
- In case rights to the film are sold to a third party but the film has not yet been screened or in any way exploited, before its screening at HBFF, it is mandatory for the participant to declare the same. It shall be the sole discretion of the Festival Management Team to allow or deny the submission and entry of such film in HBFF.
- Only films completed on or after 1st January 2016 are eligible for entry into the HBFF.
- The last date of submission of the film shall be May 26, 2018
- The participants whose Films are shortlisted for screening at HBFF by the Festival Management Team would be intimate via e-mail on or before June 1, 2018.
- The film must be subtitled in English.
- Films previously entered into and screened at HBFF are not eligible for re-entry in 2018.
- The duration of the film must be more than 60 minutes and less than 180 minutes, including the beginning and end credits.
- Link (Vimeo URL/ or any other secured viewing platform) with Password (for curation purpose) is must while you submit the entry form, for curation purposes
- Submission Format accepted at HBFF: 1. DVD 2. Blu-Ray. These media will be used for screening.
- Technical Format accepted:
a. Aspect Ratio: (i) 2K (ii) 2.35:1 (iii) 16:9 (iv) 4:3
b. Audio Format: (i). 5.1 Surround. (Ii). Stereo. (iii) Mono.
14. Team HBFF reserves the right to refuse screening of any film upon such submission being inappropriate to the intention and purpose of the Festival. Any query regarding decision of HBFF shall be made by contacting us at email@example.com.
15. All submissions are screened and evaluated by a competent Preview and Selection Committee, appointed by the festival management team. Their decision shall be final, unquestionable and binding upon the Participant. The Preview and Selection Committee shall have the right to withhold an award in any category where no entries, in the Preview and Selection Committee’s opinion, meet its standards for award / recognition.
16. The shortlisted films, which meet our criteria, will be screened at HBFF 2018 in our selected venues, between June 21 and 24, 2018. Ideally a film would be screened once for the competition. However, the festival management team may arrange for a special screening for the Jury. In case of a special Jury screening, we may require the Blue Ray/ DVD/ Secure Link before the festival actually inaugurates.
17. The festival management team holds the right to screen the film any number of times as it deems fit throughout the festival.
18. Owing to the large amount of entries received, only the top scoring films will go through into the final round of competition. Final short listed participants will be communicated via email of their selection and the list will also be announced on our website and on our social channels by June 1, 2018.
19. One (1) DVD and one (1) Blue Ray of the selected films must reach to the office of the Festival Director on or before June 10, 2018. In case there is any technical issue, we may ask the submitter to make backup arrangements.
20. Please find the address of the office of the Festival Director for communication: Partha Pratim Mallik, 201, Sri Sai Srinivasa Estate, Plot No. 4-9, Vinayaknagar, Hafeezpet, Hyderabad, 500049, Telangana, India. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Submission of feature films at HBFF is free.
22. The festival management team holds the right to nominate any film for the competition. The decision will be taken by a competent authority and the festival management team is not obliged to disclosed the curation process.
23. Team HBFF will determine the date and time when the shortlisted films will be screened. HBFF cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule, in case of any unavoidable circumstances, after the festival line-up is announced.
24. Multiple submission from the same production house/producer is permitted.
25. Multiple submission of the same director, but under different production house is permitted.
26. Festival management team must receive the following soft copies of the promotional materials on or before June 5, 2018: high res poster, working stills etc.
27. If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then appropriate permission/ no objection certificate/ assignment of rights from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the participant. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, the festival committees shall in no manner be responsible.
28. The submission of a film to HBFF will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the festival rules.