Rules & regulations:
The Participants desirous of participating in the HBFF must abide by the following Rules & Regulations:
- The Participant submitting their film must ensure they have the necessary copyright ownership over the film. The film which in any way infringes upon any third-party copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, etc. are liable to be rejected.
- The film should not be available for public viewership through user content generated (UGC) websites, e.g. YouTube, Vimeo etc. In case of such availability, the participant shall be solely liable to remove/take-down the same, failing which, such film will automatically become ineligible for HBFF.
- The film should not be available on any web-based or mobile- based application or any other form of interactive media, in which audio-visual content is made available by any medium of distribution including any ‘over-the-top’ distribution method using the internet including but not limited to Netflix, Amazon, Hotstar, Balaji Alt etc. In case of such availability, the participant shall be solely liable to remove/take-down the same, failing which, such film will automatically become ineligible for HBFF.
- In case rights to the film are sold to a third party but the film has not yet been screened or in any way exploited, before its screening at HBFF, it is mandatory for the participant to declare the same.. It shall be the sole discretion of the Festival Management Team to allow or deny the submission and entry of such film in HBFF.
- In the event film is not selected by the Title Sponsor of HBFF, namely Hoichoi Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (“Hoichoi”) the rights of the same shall stand reverted to participant post June 30, 2018 or within 7 (seven) days from the date of announcement of such short listed participants, whichever is later.
- Submission of a film at Seed, automatically entitles Hoichoi and HBFF to select for streaming at the platform of Hoichoi. However the best films will get the opportunity.
- Only films completed on or after 1st January 2016 are eligible for entry into the HBFF.
- The last date of submission of the film shall be June 09, 2018
- The participants who’s Films are shortlisted for screening at HBFF by the Festival Management Team would intimate them via e-mail on or before June 12, 2018.
- The film must be subtitled in English.
- The duration of the film must not exceed 30 minutes for short film and 60 minutes for documentary, including the beginning and end credits.
- Link (Vimeo URL/ or any other secured viewing platform) with Password (for curation purpose) is must while you submit the entry form, for screening purposes.
- Submission Format accepted at HBFF: 1. DVD 2. Blu-Ray. These media will be used for screening.
- Technical Format accepted:
a. Aspect Ratio: (i) 2K (ii) 2.35:1 (iii) 16:9 (iv) 4:3
b. Audio Format: (i). 5.1 Surround. (Ii). Stereo. (iii) Mono.
15. Team HBFF reserves the right to refuse screening of any film upon such submission being inappropriate to the intention and purpose of the Festival. Any query regarding decision of HBFF shall be made by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. All submissions are screened and evaluated by a competent Preview and Selection Committee, appointed by the festival management team. Their decision shall be final, unquestionable and binding upon the Participant. The Preview and Selection Committee shall have the right to withhold an award in any category where no entries, in the Preview and Selection Committee’s opinion, meet its standards for award / recognition.
17. The shortlisted films (short and Documentary), which meet the criteria of HBFF, will be screened at HBFF 2018 in selected venues, between June 21 and 24, 2018. Ideally a film would be screened once for the competition. However, the festival management team may arrange for a special screening for the Jury at its sole discretion. In case of a special Jury screening, we may require the Blue Ray/ DVD/ Secure Link before the festival actually inaugurates.
18. The festival management team holds the right to screen the film any number of times as it deems fit throughout the festival.
19. Owing to the large amount of entries received, only the top scoring films will go through into the final round of competition. Final short listed participants will be communicated via email of their selection and the list will also be announced on our website and on our social channels by June 7, 2018.
20. One (1) DVD and one (1) Blue Ray of the selected films must reach to the office of the Festival Director on or before June 14, 2018. In case there is any technical issue, we may ask the submitter to make backup arrangements. This rule applies to the short listed films only.
21. Please find the address of the office of the Festival Director for submission of film: Partha Pratim Mallik, 201, Sri Sai Srinivasa Estate, Plot No. 4-9, Vinayaknagar, Hafeezpet, Hyderabad, 500049, Telangana, India. E-mail: email@example.com
22. Entry fees per submission for Indian films to be paid: for Short Films INR 513; for Documentaries INR 820 (AI).
23. Entry fees per submission for foreign films to be paid: for Short Films $10; for Documentaries $15 (AI).
24. For foreign nationals, the payment options will be Demand Draft (DD) made in favor of Bengalis In Hyderabad, payable at Hyderabad.
25. For Indian entries the payment options are: 1. Demand Draft (DD) 2. Online Payment (embedded in the form).
26. The DD must be sent to the Festival Director’s office, before June 14, 2018.
27. Please find the address of the office of the Festival Director for submission of film: Partha Pratim Mallik, 201, Sri Sai Srinivasa Estate, Plot No. 4-9, Vinayaknagar, Hafeezpet, Hyderabad, 500049, Telangana, India. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
28. Registration will not be considered as complete until timely and complete payment of entry fees is made.
29. In the event of a film being withdrawn, the entry fee won’t be refunded.
30. Team HBFF will determine the date and time when submissions will be screened. HBFF cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule, in case of any unavoidable circumstances, after the festival line-up is announced.
31. Multiple submission from the same production house/producer is permitted.
32. Multiple submission of the same director, but under different production house is permitted.
33. Festival management team must receive the following soft copies of the promotional materials on or before June 10, 2018: high res poster, working stills etc.
34. If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then appropriate permission/ no objection certificate/ assignment of rights from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the participant. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, the festival committees shall in no manner be responsible.
35. If the director/ producer/ cast & crew of a submitted film wants to visit the festival, team HBFF won’t be able to bear the transportation and accommodation cost (applicable for out-station participants). The festival management team may assist the outstation participants in finding out a decent accommodation, if the cost is taken care by the participant(s). HBFF would provide limited number (due to limited scope) of delegate passes to watch the films at Seed, the short & documentary segment of HBFF. The participants must inform the festival team, well in advance, in such cases.
36. The submission of a film to HBFF will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the festival rules.
37. Festival management team holds the right to change the programming, venue, screening decisions etc., under unavoidable circumstances.
38. Entry fees can be transferred to Following account details:
Account name: Bengalis in Hyderabad
Bank: State Bank of Hyderabad
A/c type: Current
A/c number: 32860745118
IFSC Code: SBIN0010102